I love this video :) It really breaks down the differences of the tagalog and english. Those are pretty obvious anyway right? But what about the cultural differences? Let's compare shall we?
Situation: There's a foreigner in the office
Westerners: Hi good morning!
Filipinos: *looks away
Situation: Walking down the street in high heels and smashes her head on the concrete
Westerners: help me!
Filipinos: I'm ok. really, it's just a little blood! *walks on to save face
It's assumptive to say that all Filipino's are like this, but well majority are right? We were raised in a culture with a self effecting manner that was bred from years of colonization wherein Filipino's were not in equal footing with foreigners. No wonder we're gun shy in front of people from other countries! Personally this is something I would like to vanish. Filipino's are amazing people. We are warm and hospitable, smart and easy to be taught. Years ago we were in the front line of development and we need to get that back!
Stop thinking we're not good enough for other races. Stand proud and say I'm a Filipino!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment