Sunday, October 23, 2011

sisters

“Hey, hey, hey, we’re sisters. You’re my family. What is you is me. There’s nothing that you could ever say to make me let go.”

Sisters can have a complicated relationship, I know I have a chaotic one with mine. When I was growing up my eldest sister was like my second mother, she kissed my bruised knees, she took care of me, her word was final. My other sister though was completely different, she was only two years older than me so the competition was eminent, we weren't that close when we were kids since i was more interested in barbies and well.. she wasn't. 

but now it's all so different. This is what i love about growing up, we're all on equal footing now. We got to know the adults each one has become. We've become more than just sisters bound by blood, we've become friends. 

I love my sisters. and I know they love me too. It's such a secure feeling knowing you can fvck up your life but they will never turn their back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment